iRIM gives you access to newer radio protocols, and allows you to transition to a variety of proprietary two-way radio technologies. iRIM is compatible with a variety of dispatch consoles, including Zetron's Series 4000, VoIP Radio Dispatch System (RDS), and Acom Advanced Communication System.
The iRIM provides control over PTT, privacy code monitor, channel or talk-group selection, repeat/talk-around, and coded/clear using a console's existing tone-remote control capability. It also allows the dispatcher to see incoming PTT-IDs, Status and Emergency-IDs for consoles capable of decoding and displaying MDC-1200 signaling.
iRIM gives you control over:
- Talk Group Select – Allows you to select outbound talk groups, privacy code monitor, repeat/talk-around, and coded/clear.
- PTT-ID – Provides incoming PTT-IDs so dispatchers can see the source of the incoming call.
- Emergency Call Status and ID – Provides Status and Emergency-IDs for consoles capable of decoding and displaying MDC-1200.
- P25 Support – Allows consoles with tone-remote control to operate on P25 radios.
With iRIM, your console can display incoming FleetSync™ PTT-IDs. It also allows your dispatch equipment to work with trunked or conventional P25 systems, as well as LTR® and PassPort® trunked radio systems.
iRIM-compatible mobile radios:
- Kenwood TK-x180
- Kenwood TK-5710/5810
- Kenwood NX 700/800
- EF Johnson RS5300 and compatible variants
Radio-signaling technologies iRIM supports:
- NXDN/Kenwood NEXEDGE™*
- Kenwood Fleetsync
- EF Johnson LTR
- APCO Project 25 (P25)
- Trident PassPort
- Motorola ASTRO
- Motorola SmartNet®/SmartZone®
*NEXEDGE™ is a trademark of Kenwood Corporation.
To request Zetron literature, click here.